The Park Hotel Access Statement
Welcome to The Park Hotel
We are committed to creating great memories and experiences for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one.
We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, our friendly and experienced team will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
Some general points on access
- The hotel has two specially designed wheelchair accessible rooms. These are situated on the lower floor with level access from our Reception area. Both rooms have shower wet rooms suitable for wheelchair users and for those with limited mobility.
- Full details on our wheelchair accessible rooms can be seen in Rooms section of our website.
- This hotel does have lift access to its bedrooms in the main hotel.
- However, the Garden Court Annex does not have lift access to its first floor bedrooms
- The first floor function room in the main hotel (The Park Suite) is on a split level from the lift, having five steps between them.
Directions to the hotel
- From the M5, take junction 27 to the A361 and Barnstaple.
- When you reach Barnstaple, follow signs for town centre.
- You will pass Homebase, Tesco and McDonalds.
- At the roundabout next to Taw Ford, go straight ahead, which is signposted to Hotels.
- You will see Rock Park on the left, and the hotel entrance is on the right hand side.
- If travelling by rail, Barnstaple Railway Station is a ten minute walk from the hotel.
- If travelling by coach, the Bus Station is a five minute walk from the hotel.
- Our postcode is EX32 9AE.
Before you arrive
- Enquiries and reservations may be made online or by phone, fax or email.
- Should you require a taxi from Barnstaple Railway or Bus Station (both five minutes drive) we use a reliable company and would be happy to book them on your behalf.
When you arrive at the hotel
- Entrance to the front and rear of the hotel is level.
- The main entrance provides a convenient drop off point and entrance for those on foot.
- There is also a rear entrance to provide easy access from vehicles.
- There are two designated disabled parking spaces to the rear of the hotel, in addition to two reserved bays directly outside our disabled friendly bedrooms.
- There is a large car park to the rear of the Hotel plus an undercover garage for your parking needs.
- Our porter is always available to assist you and, if you wish, your luggage can be collected from your car and delivered direct to your room. Our porter can also help you on departure.
- There is adequate room for coaches to drop off outside the hotel on the road. However, please note that there is no parking for coaches on the site itself.
Our Reception area
- Reception area is all on one level on the ground floor.
- The floor is finished in ceramic tiles with door mats at all entrances and carpet runners used in wet weather.
- Floor finishes are used to guide visitors towards the reception area.
- Our staff are always available to help you with check-in.
- The main lounge, bar, dining and meeting areas are grouped around reception and the entrances, with terraces overlooking the hotel gardens and towards Rock Park.
- The circulation ways are tiled with carpeted seating areas.
- All public areas well lit and are fully air-conditioned.
- Background music can be heard in all public areas.
- There are public toilets on the ground floor, all of which are easily accessible from reception, lounge, bar and main restaurant.
- This includes a disabled toilet with an emergency alarm, with the Ladies and Gents toilets situated adjacent to this.
- There is ample movable seating as well as fixed benching around the perimeter of the room.
- Service is a mixture of self service and table service. Full waiter service is provided if required.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
- Ambient muted lighting is used during dinner service. However, menu torches are available on request.
- Our Park Suite function room is on the first floor with its own toilets, bar and kitchen.
- Lift access is not available to this level, but it is accessible with a short flight of stairs from the upper lift lobby.
- On our lower floor, there are two specially designed wheelchair accessible rooms with level access from our Reception area.
- These rooms have shower wet rooms suitable for wheelchair users and for those with limited mobility.
- Assistance alarms are also incorporated for the convenience of independent users.
- There is space for a manual wheelchair or small mobility scooter to manoeuvre, but users of larger mobility scooters are encouraged to speak to the Hotel reception about their requirements.
- You can see full pictures and full details on these in the Rooms section of our website.
- The 23 bedrooms in the main hotel are accessed by a lift or four short flights of stairs.
- In addition to these rooms there are also eight park facing rooms with private balconies and walk in showers.
- These lower bedrooms are conveniently accessed from the bar with a short gentle flight of stairs.
- A further 16 bedrooms are available in the Garden Court, two of which are on the ground floor and can be accessed via a ramp. The remaining 14 rooms are on the first floor, accessed in two directions by stairs.
- All bedrooms have telephones and 24 hour room service is available.
Please reserve the following equipment when you make your booking. If you require anything that is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our utmost to arrange the hire on your behalf.
- Bath Seat
- Raised toilet seat
- High chair
- The fire alarm is a continuous sounder and does not have flashing lights.
- Deafguards linked to the fire alarm system are available on request for those guests with impaired hearing.
- Fire action notice are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- A Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan can be agreed with guests on arrival.
- Service dogs (only) are welcome on the premises.
- Small fridges are available on request for medication.
We have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement but we are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel. If you feel you have a particular query we have not covered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.
Tel: 01271 372166
Fax: 01271 323157
The Park Hotel